Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Sports Tracker

Anyone else use it? Been using it along with other GPS tools on my N95 for a while now, and its very good. I use it mainly for running, but its good on the bike too, walking I tend to use the track function in UTM data - more of that later........




I'm training for the Cardiff Half Marathon in October, so I need to be able to track easily my exercise every week, especially my runs.Sports Tracker makes it simple. Turn on Sports Tracker, do the activity, view the log, upload it, view on Sports Tracker webpage - easy! You can view your runs as a diary, and as individual runs, share them on social sites.....all with a few clicks. It really is childs play. In the coming weeks I'll starts posting some of my runs as my training moves up a notch, and some of my rides too. I think its high time to buy a cheap road bike and do some road work now too. Id run every night, but these 40 year old knees wont take that sort of punishment.

Here's  tonights run, its shared publicly so you should be able to view it. A sub-25 minute 5K for my fast run tonight, Im pretty pleased with that. Cardiff is a flat ad fast course, so running 13 miles should be straightforward, so my aim now has to be running a respectable time. I'd love to do under 1 hr 50 minutes, but I just cant see it at the moment........ I'll be happy with anywhere under 2 hours for now.

1 comment:

  1. you'll get under 1hr 50 phil, i did the great north run in 1, 54 and i'm not exactly streamlined !!!

    ReplyDelete